Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Video Games

I like video games. I don't think I have met a teenage guy who doesn't. But how much should we like video games?


It's not bad top play video games, it's not bad to like video games; however, it IS bad to play video games to the exclusion of all else. Last year, I had the problem that one of my games was taking over my life; I thought about during school, when I went to bed, sometimes even during devotions. This year, when I play video games, I have to limit myself. I have to make sure first, that all my school is done, second, that most if not all of my chores are done, third, that I am actually getting physical exercise during the week. I also have to make sure that I am doing things with other people; I don't want to become a recluse, after all.


What I'm trying to say is, like most forms of entertainment, video games in themselves are not bad (most of them); what IS bad is idolization. If and when we play video games, we should use moderation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you brother, I have (and most definitely am still) struggled with limiting videro games. I too am a lover of the afore-mentioned form of entertainment. How hard it is to NOT jump on the compy whenever you're mom goes on an errand.

Anonymous said...

Well, spelling-locks

Videro games aren't a problem for you're mom.

_The Meanie_