Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Cuttlefish are awesome!

We watched a really cool documentary on cuttlefish last night and me mom (being awesome) finded this really cool video. For more about them check out her blog about it. The part where it curves its arms down and sends waves of blackish-blueish-gray and white down itself has a hypnotizing effect on its prey, allowing it to strike from the best angle. When you see it with open ocean behind it, it looks like a flickering outline of the cuttlefish. These things are really amazing so take a few minutes out of your schedule and enjoy God's creation.



By the way, you might wanna scroll down a bit and turn off the music from the sidebar so you can watch the movie in peace. (it has its own music)

1 comment:

Josh said...

COOL!!! A fish with active camo. That is really awesome! I want to be able to make myself turn into just a shady outline of myself (except I guess the cuttlefish doesn't have to worry about clothing...). Maybe, I will just get some clothes that do that!